Monday, November 29, 2010

Flora And Fauna

Flora And FaunaFlora And Fauna, As I was flicking through the latest Anthropologie catalog, I came across an artful jumble of canvas kicks. I’m sure you can picture it: Staged just so, so as to give off the look that a small flock of carefree indie girls had returned to their summer beach house and ever so casually kicked off their shoes as they dreamily ambled towards shabby chic couches upon which they would drape their necessarily lithe bodies about in various poses of languor.


Ahem.





Anyway, I was curious as to the brand of the shoes and―since Anthro and baby sis Urban Outfitters apparently have a congenital defect that prevents them from listing the names of designers whose work is featured in their very pages―I checked online to see who made them. Upon ascertaining the sneakers were by Superga, I proceeded to hit up trusty Zappos for a wider selection. Out of the webpage sprang some hairy zebra-striped sneaks. (Limited edition, on sale, blahblahblah.) Indeed, they are reminiscent of the Opening Ceremony x Keds collaboration, but I am partial to Superga’s black midsole and overall sturdier look. And, even though nobody puts Baby in a corner/does a light summer trainer like Keds, the more substantial Supergas have the benefit of looking better with both summer and winter outfits. (When one’s bundled from head to toe, it can be mighty tough to pull off flimsy looking shoes.)


Another patterned kick carving out a modicum of mindspace as of late is this floral iteration from the New Balance x Nine West collaboration. My mild aversion to printed Converse loosely extends to all trainers, but I’ll surely make an exception for these ditsy buds on my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment